Women in Fellowship Annual visit to St. Christopher’s Hospice.
Friday October 21st 2022
Each year all our members get the chance to visit St Christopher’s to see the wonderful work they do, discover what a difference our money makes (perhaps taking back learning that could be shared with members’ local hospice) and be uplifted.
This year, the Annual Visit to St. Christopher’s Hospice (51-59 Lawrie Park Road, London SE26 6DZ) will take place on Friday October 21st.. Things are slowly returning to normal, so a maximum of 100 places are available! There is, therefore, no waiting list.
The programme is as follows.
10.30 Arrival – coffee & pastries
10:35 Welcome and future plans
Helen Simmons, Chief Executive
11.15 Tour of the CARE building
Dion Bachmann, Tracy Blackmore, Andrew Goodhead
12.15 Service in Knowhow
Andrew Goodhead, Spiritual Care Lead
13.00 Lunch in the Atrium and chance to view the Oral history exhibition: The voices that shaped us.
14.00 Bursary Students Presentations (Subject to gaining a visa to UK)
- Adam Alfiki, Nurse, Sudan
- Halima Ali, Doctor, Sudan
- Kayla Bull, Psychologist, South Africa
- Shyni Mallathodikayil, Nurse, India
- Oluwakemi Oyekola, Nurse, Nigeria
- Yangden Yangden, Nurse, Bhutan
15.15 Feedback on all Women in Fellowship projects, where we are, and possibilities going forward
- Carers Project – Toby Lee-Manning (including early thoughts about dissemination)
- Bangladesh – Maaike Vandeweghe (TBC)
- Nurse Consultants – Amanda Mayo (TBC)
- Other project reports
15.45 Tea in the Atrium and farewell